*This product is up just for historic purposes since Adobe finally launched their own native plugin for blender, for current users, if possible I will expand on adobes functionality to streamline the use of substances and I will let you know in time
This is a plugin to use Substance files (.sbsar) inside Blender
The latest update allows you to import the substances easier and adjust them to see the results in the viewport faster so you can iterate and speed up your texturing workflow.
Since the SBSAR format is proprietary and protected by Substance , to use this plugin is required that you have installed the Substance Automation Toolkit which is not included here, you need to directly acquire it from Substance
Install & Usage
Are you a patron?
Wait don't buy it just yet!!! first check my Patreon page and search for the discount code!
You really cannot afford it?
I still trust honest people that are in a rough situation, and I'm happy to help them, so you can contact me via discord, and we can talk about it, all I ask in return is that you show some kindness towards a stranger if you have the chance, remember the most important thing is to help each other!!!
Are you a studio or need an custom shader?
Feel free to support more if you are installing in multiple machines, up to you how much you want to, also if you need a specific Shader configuration, instead of the default ones, let me know and we'll see what can be done
Check the youtube channel playlist for tutorials on how to install & use the plugin
The latest plugin version was built with/for:
- BLENDER 2.8 and higher
- working with Eevee, Cycles and Octane
- Substance Automation Toolkit 2019.3.0 and higher
- Use Substance files from Substance designer (.sbsars) directly in Blender
- Out of the box support for the materials available in Substance Source
- File browser for easy navigation between substances
- Work with substances based on the PBR Metal/Roughness workflow
- Works with Cycles, Eevee and Octane materials
- Parameters are obtained dynamically from the substance file
- Live viewport update (experimental)
- Support for Emissive, Opacity, Height, and other additional channels
- Auto-assign materials to the selected objects
- Customizable bit-depth export
- Material instancing for easy iteration
- Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Roadmap (not an specific order)
- Add pbr secular/glossiness workflow
- Add more third party renderers support
- Keyable parameters
Thanks for the support! this will help me to develop this plugin and a lot more cool stuff!!!
Don't forget to check and subscribe to my YouTube channel to see some cool videos, tips and tricks: https://www.youtube.com/c/XolotlStudio
- You can also support me via Patreon: Xolotl Studio
- Or contact me if you have any doubts or comments
- Twitter: @ymmanuel_who or @xolotl_studio
- All plugin support & help is done via the discord server so don't forget to join
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds in digital downloads